Monday, February 05, 2007

A journey in time…

In my first visit to Amsterdam, Van Gogh was the “hip” artist of the year and so, I went to visit his museum. Not fond of his work, I have to admit that the paint of the Irises (yellow background and purple flowers) was, in dead, one of my favorites. Anyhow, today, is Rembrandt the hip artist of A’dam and so I went to visit his former house. If you have the opportunity to visit it, I would recommend it strongly!. A part of being well kept, it has a beautiful collection of the paints of former students as well as the explanation of how the “engravings in cupper ” -Etching- were done during his famous times.



His self portraits are a little more "esthetic" than those from Van Gogh to my opinion.... yes... i am more into the "classical" type of painting than most people, but it is just a matter of preferences.



A very nice building, a nice afternoon, a nice company... a Great Day in General!

No comments: